November Festivals and Events.
In October we revert to our normal pattern of services but at the end of October and November we have a number of extra events, services and alterations to service times.
- From October 27th for 2 weeks there will be an exhibition of images and poetry of the celebrated war poet Wilfred Owen in St Leonard's Church.
- On November 2nd we celebrate All Souls Day with Holy Communion at 6pm followed by a prayer vigil in the ossuary
- On Sunday November 4th we will celebrate the Feast of St Leonard and All Saints. Please join us for a special All-Parish Communion at 10.30am followed by lunch in St Leonard's.
- On Sunday November 11th we commemorate the centenary of the Armistice with a mass for peace at 9.30am at St Leonard's. The town memorial service will be at 11am which means there will be no service at St Michael's Methodist Anglican Church Centre or Holy Cross.
- Later that day we will be holding a screening of the film "All Quiet on the Western Front" - further details coming soon.
2018 Concert programme at St Leonard's church:
Full details of this year's concert programme are available on the Friends of St Leonard's Church website.
Could you help to keep our church and crypt open to the public? Could you give a few hours a month as a volunteer to guide and welcome visitors to our church and ossuary? If you are interested in history, in people (living and dead!), in tourism, churches, architecture, or in community life, then you would be welcome to join our team of stewards, for whom full training is given. Contact our parish office if you think you can help.
The Parish of St Leonard, Hythe